Monday, January 19, 2009

Something's Gotta Give...


Do you ever have one of those days/weekends where you really start to think the stars are not aligned for you? That the bad luck fairy made an extra special visit for you?

That was this weekend.

Friday I had plans to go to happy hour. Although after waiting 10 minutes for the bus (and then not being able to feel my legs), I decided Netflix and a bubble bath was a lot more appealing. 

I woke up Saturday and my weekend was off to a good start. I got up early, ate breakfast and decided to go to an earlier bikram class than I had planned. 

Unfortunately, I had ignored the don't-eat-three-hours-before-going-into-a-105-degree-yoga-class rule. I didn't think a granola bar would be puke-worthy, but after 25 minutes... i was seeing flashes of light and knew I needed to get out of the sauna and go straight to the bathroom. So instead of cooling down after the workout... my goal was to settle my stomach.

Then the fun continued... 

Later that night I went out for two of my friends' birthdays at Sopo on Southport. At the end of the night, as I was getting out of the cab and shuffling to my door, I totally wipe out on black ice... which caused my head to strategically land on the edge of the curb. The only edge not covered by 5 feet of snow. Oh the irony...

The result?? A big shiner. Cut on my cheek. A lame story. And a damaged ego. 

But at least I don't have a concussion, right?

None of the above events would have occured had I lived in San Diego.

Just saying.

Did the bad luck fairy hit anyone else this weekend? Do tell.


0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada