Sunday, January 11, 2009

My-So-Called...


In 1995 when My-So-Called-Life went off the air, I bought a t-shirt rallying the efforts to bring it back on the air. 14 years later, I bought the DVD set. OMG... 14 years later. I can't believe I can even say that... and, now, I have some new observations on this show that I practically worshipped as a pre-teen...
  • Why does the main character, Angela, always act like she's high?? Awkward and shy is one thing... acting completely strung out and manic depressant is another...
  • Jordan Cadalano is STILL hot. It's unfortunate Jared Leto had to move on from prep-grunge to go onto become a crazy rocker who wears eye liner and nail polish. He could've been the next Brad Pitt. Fo real. His eyes are amazing.
  • I also forgot how educationally-challenged his character was... i think once you're past 18 that loses its appeal and you actually enjoy carrying on a real conversations with someone you're dating
  • The actual taping is really dark... which makes Claire Dane's hair illuminate red
  • It is still a grrreeat show.
Back to my all-day MSCL marathon :)

2 comments:

Kimberly on January 12, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

Best quote from the show: "You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you"

Haha I can't believe she said that! Ok I guess I can, he is beautiful - though I am with you on the eyeliner and fingernail polish. Seriously, can't he just pretend he's from Seattle and it's 1993? I'd even take the cornrows from Panic Room over the glam rock look he can't quite pull off - someone needs to tell him that ship has sailed and David Bowie was its captain

Colleen on January 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM said...

He was too beautiful to look at... but also too out there to hold a conversation... I think I may have lost him after this encounter.

JC: It totally doesn't feel like Friday...

AC: Because it isn't... it's Wednesday...

JC: How do you know?

AC: Because yesterday was Tuesday...

Haha... and totally love the David Bowie line... we need to use that on someone Saturday night.

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada