Monday, December 21, 2009

The Night I Drugged My Cat




I have to admit. I'm a sucker for animals. They are at the softest of my soft spot. There's something about those big eyes looking right at you... saying play with me... feed me... love me. They can make you laugh after a bad day... and calm you down after hours of stressful work. They are your favorite roommates even if they wake you up at all hours of the night. They are completely dependent on your care and love to keep them alive, happy and in good spirits.

Which is exactly why I drugged my cat tonight.

In an effort to not leave my cat in Chicago for Christmas... and to share all 13 pounds of her with my entire extended family, I'm taking drastic measures.

You see, Moxie, like many felines, does not take well to sitting shotgun for 20 minutes when heading to the vet, let alone six hours en-route to Ohio. There's a lot of crying... and a lot more shedding. I'm talking extreme hair-all-over-the-place shedding. This is no laughing matter.

I call the vet and explain this situation and she prescribes a "light tranquilizer" to do the trick. But with it, she warns that this could also have the adverse effect... and that I should do a test run tonight.

The adverse of passed out Moxie can not be pretty. So I'm sitting here... creating a "calm environment" for my cat. And watching and waiting to see if all will be calm and bright this evening or if I will be dealing with the anti-Mox. Only time will tell.

This is what single, cat ladies do. Find entertainment in tranquilizers and furballs.

Anyone else taking drastic measures to be with your pets this holiday season? Tell on.

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada