Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anyone Have to Do the Potty Dance?


Pull-Ups have created a microsite.... www.dothepottydance.com... and really I have no words. Other than I forsee myself in 10 - 15 years doing or watching insane things like this... and forgetting that it's insane. Okay... you got me... I do have some words.

The voiceover at the beginning was kind of cute. But then it turns creepy when it takes inspiration from children's shows like Tella Tubbies (eek!) or that Australian mens group that performs in neon-colored t-shirts... or is it onesies? Point being... i suppose kids like them. And that's why they keep producing replicas.

All I'm saying is that I'm just not sure that little one was expecting to be forced into a slightly-psychotic music video. That will teach him to pee his pants. It's just not right.

Also, notice Tori Spelling hiding upfront in the video. Could she be ashamed that her 90210/Lifetime Original Movie career has come down to doing the potty dance? Or is she just excited that her son Liam is finally taken potty training by the diaper and is using the big boy chair? Either way, good for her... these are tough economic times.

I imagine when I get to that place in my life it won't be quite as nightmarish as that video. But I'm pretty sure the image of that old man in his super short white shorts has left permanent damage...

That's all I got...

2 comments:

From the Farms on February 26, 2009 at 5:22 PM said...

hahaha Colleen! when I first saw this video, I felt like I should have eaten some toxic mushrooms b/c it is that un-friggin-believable. wow... the kids in that commercial must be scarred from here on out.
Kate

Colleen on February 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM said...

hahah... so true. so true. Either you should have eaten... or should eat now... either way... you'll never be the same :)

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada