Monday, December 29, 2008

Stay-cation


Being as though I'm in marketing and the economy is far below the acceptable line, you can imagine I hear a lot about stay-cations. The word itself has become a cliche.... and it's only been around about six months.

And then today, I experienced my first day of my own stay-cation. And realized it's AMAZING. 

Caveot. I'm actually a huge fan of REAL vacations (if you haven't noticed my aversion to winter yet... I like getting away to sun and warmth)... This slip-up actually came about by mistake due to the fact that I miscalculated my vaca time prior to booking my flight home for Christmas. 

Alas, I made lemons with lemonade. I got more accomplished this morning off my random, not-fun to-do list before noon than I have in all of 2008. It helped that the sun is out, and it is warmer than 30 degrees. Overall... fabulous day... and it's only 3 p.m.

Have you ever had a stay-cation? Tell me about it....

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada