Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today was so cold that....



I woke up today to face -5 degree temperatures... and -40 degree wind chills. To put that in perspective, it was so cold that... 
  • I actually ran at one point, through the piles of frozen snow, like a crazy person to get closer to the warmth of my apartment
  • I suited up with two scarves... not one
  • My eyelashes actually froze due to my eyes watering from the winds...
  • My friend, Dee, and I, in an effort to avoid frost bite while shopping downtown, braved the Woodfield Mall the Sunday before Christmas... insane
  • I ate chili for lunch and dinner
  • I'm actually exhausted from the dealing with the weather
  • I'm looking forward to the warm temperatures of Akron, Ohio (forecasted 10 degrees on Christmas Eve!)
  • My friend, Cristy, willed me her goldfish, Trixie, in case she didn't make it through the day alive
  • We decided Chicago is the new Canada
  • Moxie actually grew, instead of shed, hair 
  • Not even the craziest runners were out on the bike path
Did you make it through the day? Have you already beat the cold and are enjoying fruity drinks by a tropical pool or hiding away in Texas (Alyssa?!)? Or are you just in some location where you don't feel like two scarves is enough?! Please share.... 

2 comments:

Katie B. on December 22, 2008 at 8:18 PM said...

Today was so cold in my world (STL, MO) that...

-I heard the wind blowing (or ferrociously whipping, whatev) outside and immediately decided to hit the snooze button for the third time.
-Seriously contemplated calling in sick b/c the temp was 3 degrees. It's on a 2 day work week, so I sucked it up.
-Took my automatic clicker off my keychain so I could lock & then
leave my car running as I dropped things off at appointments all day in the "hood"

Those are the best for today! Oddly enough, the 5 day forecast shows a high of 53 for Friday. Holy cow!

Colleen on December 22, 2008 at 11:20 PM said...

Haha... I love it... Still don't feel bad for you since you get to hop into your heated car and don't have to wait for the bus in the morning... but either way... cold is cold... how many days until Sanibel?!?!?

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada