Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bucktown 5k





This morning my friends Joanna, Kristine and I sported up in our best running attire and trekked it out to Bucktown for their annual 5k. The three of us joined 4,000 runners for the 3.1 mile race... 3,000+ of those people are just 7 days away from running the LaSalle Bank marathon next weekend. We, however, were just running to workout together and have a reason for brunch. 

Not going to lie, this morning, as I waited for the 151, the breeze on Lake Shore Drive made me wonder for a second if this was a good idea. But as we drove further away from the lake, the temperature became more and more bearable. 

And really, it was the perfect weather for a run... but because it takes me a long time to warm up... I think I was just starting to feel comfortable as we crossed the finish line... 

But it was all worth it for the Feast Grand Slam and a pitcher of Love Potion....so freaking delish :)

Other great (and not-so-great) things we discovered on our journey to Bucktown:
  • Neighborhoods are gorgeous
  • Dogs and babies are everywhere - more than Southport...
  • Baby strollers are hazardous to runners
  • Hot Chocolate isn't open until 10 a.m. on Sunday
  • Mimosas aren't served until 10 a.m. on Sunday
  • People actually wake up before 10 a.m. on Sunday...despite not being able to brunch before then
Anyone else saunter over to B-town this morning?? 

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada