Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Thunder Rolls


A storm is rolling in... and with it promises to be fall-like temperatures. I'll be the first to admit... I hold onto summer far past the point of normalcy. While others may have stowed away their swim suits and white pants after Labor Day, I've been drinking pina coladas, sun bathing and sporting around my summer tote long past September 7th.

I refuse to let go of summer with the same emotions of an ex-girlfriend seeking a sense of closure before moving on. But today I took my first step away from summer and towards autumn. I honestly blame Tim Allan and his "Go Michigan" commercials. Yes, I want to step back and watch life slowly with the rolling hills and babbling brooks of Michigan. I want to sip wine in their wineries and watch the leaves change before my eyes. I honestly think that those commercials could convince me to spend the day picking up dog poop.

I digress.

Beyond Michigan, I suddenly became excited to watch the fall premieres of "Desperate Housewives" and "Brothers & Sisters. I realized my bank account could not handle one more month of summer (and summer weddings). I switched my nail polish from light pink to dark brown. And I started remembering those sweaters I packed away just four months ago... and had a small tinge of excitement to pull them out again. I said small. Baby steps, people.

I also started to think about all those things I've neglected over the past four months. One of the most neglected, of course, being this blog. And second... simple, but much-needed, "me" time. And third, my cat's weight. But that's an entirely different blog.

So mark my word, I'm back (this time I mean it!). And so is fall. So turn off the lights... and check out the thunder storm outside your window. With each bolt of lightening that strikes, witness autumn inch closer and closer to Chicago. The wind is blowing in a new season... promising lots of changes. For the better. Here's to not being stuck in last season.

What are you looking forward to this fall?!

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada