Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Colleeny Weeny in the Fam


Last Wednesday, September 23rd our family welcomed another Colleen to the world. Okay... her full name is Anna Colleen... but I'm going to be that weirdo aunt/second cousin that insists on calling her by her middle name. Because, clearly, it's an awesome one.

My cousin, Jenny, was more than ready to finally meet her little one after spending about five weeks on bed rest and experiencing things that happened to her body that are not appropriate for blog postings. At least not this blog :)

The family is happy and healthy... and we're all excited to get to know little Anna Colleen as she grows up. I will tell you now that I plan on being the cool aunt from Chicago that feeds her too much sugar and sends her the new toys that mom and dad won't buy her. I'm not above buying love.

But speaking of babies, this afternoon I happen to come across this crazy article on Time.com that talks about a women in Arkansas who found out she was pregnant when she was already pregnant. That's right... two different babies. Not twins. They are two weeks apart... with two different delivery dates...

The funny part of this is, my first thought was... see, Jenny, it could have been way worse. And then my second thought was, something weird and unknown like that will TOTALLY happen to me if I'm ever pregnant. I have many, many years ahead of me, however, until I have to worry about that.

The good news is: Jenny didn't have a surprise second baby in her belly. But I still have to commend her on forging through a solid 10 months with a growing human being inside of her and successfully giving birth to a beautiful baby girl. You've come along way from rehearsing "Grease" in Grandma and Grandpa's living room and putting on dance shows with me for the family always involving "Yellow Pok-a-dot Bikini." We have a lot to teach this little girl!

I'm headed out to Kansas City to see the family in October, so I'll be sure to share more pictures!

1 comments:

Rob, Jenny, Anna, Ashley and Abby on September 28, 2009 at 3:51 PM said...

Colleeny!!!! Thank the lord there wasn't 2 Anna Colleen's born last Wednesday- now that would have been a story!!! I see you didn't say the word cervix in your blog..... you took the high road :) Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :)

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada