Monday, September 28, 2009

Jewel Osco = Hot Spot of Gold Coast




It's no secret that by living in the Gold Coast you can expect to obtain an interesting mix of neighbors. Beyond my obsession with the possible Bulls players that live on floor 22 of my building... who draw crowds carrying Grey Goose and girls who can be persuaded by free alcohol and tall men.... I haven't found the hot spot in the area. That is... where all the hot men hang out. 

In Lakeview/Lincoln Park... they are pretty much every where you turn. But 95 percent of them are they either dating someone, new to the city (this is not necessarily a good thing), younger than your best friend's baby brother OR gay. I realize I made a few generalizations... but, believe me, I've had ample time for market research.

The surprise of the day, though, was dropping by Jewel Osco at State/Division on my way home from work. The crowd was drastically different that the usual, senior citizen/tourist Sunday shoppers. Each aisle I went down, I ran into a good looking, well-dressed guy. Best Monday surprise ever! If I had any pick up skills what-so-ever, I would've used them at this point. But, alas, I do not. So I left the store shocked... and with no numbers or prospects. And with 10 cans of cat food. Damn... note to self: next time buy the cat food somewhere else. But, fear not, there will definitely be a next time. By the way, is it appropriate to bring a wing man to the grocery store??  

Anyone else witness this phenomenon?!

2 comments:

Michelle on October 1, 2009 at 12:25 PM said...

Impressive find! Our sorority friend Ryan tried to teach me the art of picking up guys in grocery stores...apparently, you have to troll around for a while (possibly HOURS) and stroll up next to one and coyly say, "excuse me," and reach for something. Adding in a skit where you can't reach the product you're going for is apparently an added bonus.

So if you're Ryan, you leave with a date...but if you're me, I see this clumsy scenario ending badly. Is it inappropriate to pre-game before going to the grocery to pick up guys?

Colleen on October 1, 2009 at 12:45 PM said...

Ha - I think, generally, going to a grocery store intoxicated (especially in the middle of the day) is probably inappropriate. Valid question, though.

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada