Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Lovin


It's been a crazy summer to say the least. I've been known to keep an insane schedule, but I think I have even surprised myself. In the interest of the time I don't have... I've instead decided to simply list out all my Chicago summer loves together... and add when I have time!

So... to continue the list... How do I love thee?? Let me count the ways...

  • Palm trees at Oak Street Beach: Who are we fooling? We're not Miami... but we have Mayor Daley and the Chicago Park District who have the power to bring Miami to Chicago every summer for a I'm sure not-so-small price. But can you put a price tag on awesomeness? Answer is no.
  • Tourists: They stop in front of The Bean... the take pictures in front of the Tribune.... they delay the 151 by asking directions at every stop. But they remind us that we live in the best city ever. 
  • Movies in the Park: If you don't mind the ridiculous crowds and can get downtown early to get a good spot, checking out a movie at Grant Park is the perfect summer night... 
  • Lazy Beach Days: 10 months out of the year, Sundays are reserved for working out, grocery shopping, catching up on DVR or Sunday Funday at the bar. In the summer, if the sun is out, the volleyball nets are up and you are in the city, there's no reason not to slap on a suit and head to the beach with friends. It's a disservice to the city not to. I mean... they did fly in palm trees.
  • Dogs: After June somehow it seems like everyone has a dog. And come August, I get the annual itch to get one myself. And then I remember I don't even have enough time to keep up a regular blog... let alone train a puppy.
  • Weddings: What's not to like about them? Dancing, dresses, toasts, dancing :) And there are no shortage of weddings or wedding parties in Chicago. Need some ideas for wedding decor, visit any hotel on a Saturday... looking for dresses... visit the Lincoln Park Zoo and get a glimpse of the wedding parties taking pictures. Walk down Michigan Ave and you'll likely see a wedding party drive by in a trolley car. 
  • Marathon Trainers: You can't miss them. They can be spotted early Saturday morning between 6 a.m. - 8 a.m. on the running path. They run in packs... the more gear, the better. They will most likely make you feel lazy. You vow to sign up for the Shamrock Shuffle next year and then feel better about yourself :)

More to come... feel free to add some as well!

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada