Monday, March 30, 2009

Why Today Was the Best Day Ever...


Every day can't be amazing... but today was SPECTACULAR. And it was Monday. Why do I love, thee, March 30th, 2009... let me count the ways :) 
  • 6:15 a.m. I woke up, looked outside, and realized the hellish winter storm that swept through Sunday had passed... and the sun was out... and the snow was gone. Like it was all a bad dream. Or a result of four mimosas.
  • 6:20 a.m. Peapod delivered a week's worth of groceries to me by 6:30 a.m.... including five bottles of champagne for a work party later on in the day. Peapod delivery man made a comment about the guy down the street who drinks a bottle of vodka every three days. Not sure what he was implying...
  • 8:00 a.m. Carted the five bottles of champagne AND a fruit tray to the bus stop... where an EMPTY 143 arrived... at 8:15. This is where I should have known that nothing but good things were in store for the day.
  • 10 a.m. Received a note from the Publicity Club of Chicago congratulating my team on winning the Publicity Club of Chicago Golden Trumpet award for best Marketing program.
  • 12:15 p.m. Bagpipers arrive at work... which we secretly scheduled for my admin's retirement party. Patti loved it...the rest of the building got to listen to three awesome songs by live bagpipers... and we didn't get fired. Triple score. 
  • 1:15 p.m. Find out the SPAM 2008 PR program was nominated for a SABRE award.
  • 2:30 p.m. Get an e-mail notifying me my 4-hour layover scheduled on my return flight from Cancun is now non-existent... straight through flight!! woohoo!!!
  • 5:30 p.m. Get notice that we've got the green light to attend the Silver Anvil Award Ceremony in New York City in June
  • 5:35 p.m. Happy hour with co-workers in honor of Patti's retirement... catch up with former Burson peeps.
  • Win the lottery... just kidding... but kind of feel like I just did.
Exhausted.... going to bed before anything can ruin this untouchable day. 

Anyone else have great news?! Share the love of March 30th... 

4 comments:

Katie B. on March 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM said...

What??? No powerball ticket?? You dashed my hopes for scamming off your yacht or amazing summer home... ugh, how disappointing :)

Katie Reed on March 31, 2009 at 3:17 PM said...

HAHA! Cute update - and you sub-leased your apartment! So fun! What weekend do you move again... I'm going to try and come help. xoxo Maybe Bishop will come too! Love Love, KK

Colleen on March 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM said...

I'm moving on April 24th... omg... if you came and helped you would win friend of the year fo sho... and dinner on me!

Katie B. on April 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM said...

Ahhh friends... I have coveted Cards/Cubs baseball tickets that weekend... and it's when Papa B is making an entrance into the STL. Can we plan another weekend to all escape to Chi-town together?!

As for lottery winners, I feel like I should play this week too- people that I've met with over the past few months that swore they "didn't have it in their budget" are calling me like wildfire to get set up for uniforms. Perhaps this is yet another sign the economy is bouncing back, or even better yet it means my gleaming new granite countertops are coming closer to reality!

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada