Sunday, January 3, 2010

500 Days of Summer




In the past week, I've had two good friends recommend this movie to me. Both telling me that they watched and thought... this is a 'Colleen' movie. It has a witty script, great characters and realistic view of relationships; and if that's a 'Colleen' movie, that's a-okay with me. Although, at times, the couple mirrored one too many of my past relationships... it, in the end, is a hopeful movie.

Here's a few of, what I thought were, the most memorable lines from the movie:

"This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know up front that this is not a love story."

"They used to call me 'anal girl.'.... I was very neat and organized."

"Girl: I'm going to the supply closet. Anyone need anything?
Boy: You know what I need.
Girl: Silence.
Boy: Toner. I need toner."

"Boy: This girl... she took a giant sh*t on my face. Literally.
Girl: Literally?
Boy: Okay... not literally."

"Tom walked to her apartment intoxicated by the promise of the evening. He believed that this time his expectation would align with reality."

"I know you thought that she was the one. But the next time you look back. Look closer."

"I just woke up and knew... what I was never sure of with you."

"Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday."



1 comments:

Colleen on January 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM said...

Yes, I realize posting a comment on your own blog is more than lame... BUT just needed to note that one more person recommended this movie to me today.

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada