Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Many Meals Can You Mess Up in One Night??


Let me count the ways... 

Attempt #1: Chicken Kabobs. 

I should also note that in no way were these from scratch. I pulled out Peapod kabobs from the freezer a few days ago. I may have left them in the refrigerator one day too long... because after grilling them on Mr. Foreman... there was a distinctly bad smell. Not normal. To avoid food poisoning... I avoided the kabobs.

Attempt #2. Peapod product #2.

Pulled out frozen twice baked potatoes. Directions said to bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 30 minutes later... half frozen... not twice baked. 

Chips, salsa and ice cream it is. Ice cream separate, of course.

5 comments:

Kate on May 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM said...

Sounds like a perfect dinner to me little cousin! Hope you are well. I bet you were excited to hear Jenny's news...and the name!! Love you! Anne

Colleen on May 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

I know!! That was clearly more exciting than my dinner... I'll have to devote a special blog or week of blogs to the lil one... circa Sept 30!!

ChicagoSane on May 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM said...

You know that neighbor's dog that barks and keeps you up until 2am?

That's where spoiled food goes in my neighborhood.

I bought $80 worth of truffles and ruined them because I had the temp too high on the stove and they sat next to it. Ugh.

Katie B. on May 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

Hey at least you were making the effort, right?!! My fridge was making a terrible sound this morning and discovered the fan motor was out.. and the temp was 60 in the fridge... thank goodness for the extra fridge in the garage! Even better that it's still under warranty, I feel like that never happens! Better luck tonight with dinner! :)

PAT on May 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM said...

easy there chef boyardee...

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada