Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leftovers from Vivo


Although I've worked on food marketing my entire 5+ year career, I have had a hard time defining myself as a "foodie;" My recent weekend food adventures, however, have made me reconsider... or wishfully think... that I could become a foodie or at least a foodiot, either way... I like food.


Last weekend I got to check out Vivo, which is located in the West Loop/Warehouse district on Randolph. After work, the bf and I headed there, Groupon in hand, ready to indulge in some trendy Italian Fare. The last Italian restaurant we went to rhymed with Colive Tarden... so, as the urbanites that we are, we were ready to be impressed by this city-tastic location.

The decor did not disappoint. We walked in through a velvet curtain to find a number of white-linen-lined tables with votives, exposed brick wall covered in wine bottles ready to be drank and a shiny/fancy bar. The waiter was attentive and friendly. The wine was AMAZING. I have no idea what brand of Cab my hot date picked out... short-term memory...but I do know that it was A LOT better than the Funky Llama that I had been sipping on throughout the week.

One complaint I had was the amount of salt and oil used in the dishes. I could even taste the salt in the salad. I know restaurants tend to splash a bit on salads for taste, but this reached miso-soup levels of sodium. Next time I go... which there will be a next time... we didn't read the fine print of "limit one coupon per table," I might just have to request the chef keep his/her hands off the salt shaker for my entrees.

Anyone else have a chance to indulge at Vivo post-Groupon?

Pass on the advice...

2 comments:

Unknown on May 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM said...

So glad you have returned to your blog!! So enjoy all your random thoughts!!!

Rob, Jenny, Anna, Ashley and Abby on May 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM said...

me too! YEA!

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada