Wednesday, March 17, 2010

'Tis the luck of the Irish


So as it turns out, March just might be a lucky month for this Irish lady.

But because I've neglected you again, let's step back for a second. 2010 so far has vastly out-performed my expectations. A short recap.

February could be summed up in one word: Florida. The time I was in Florida... and the time I was not in Florida. I don't recall much about the Chicago days... but I had two solid weeks in Sanibel. And I remember every second. The weather wasn't ideal, but I did get a chance to hang out with my parents for an extended weekend - and my long-time girlfriends for another.

To sum up the girls' weekend... I had just put my two weeks in, Christina announced she was moving to Wal-Mart, Arkansas, Helen dropped the news that she was preggo and Katie was in the midst of job drama. Needless to say, the break was welcomed by all. Next year, we're all coming in Tuesday night. Fo to the sho.

So ya, I have a new job!!! Woohooo! And now that I'm moving forward from the guilt of leaving my old job (and all the drama that came with that the last two weeks)... I'm enjoying the new gig more and more every day. I started at Edelman on Monday working on two restaurant accounts... famous for cheesy biscuits and breadsticks (attempting not to get picked up by too many blog monitorers!) Any guesses?

And throughout all of this craziness... I thought it'd be a great idea to start seeing someone. And so far he hasn't done anything insane or red-flag-like. He's met all my low-standards of 1) Paying for first/second dates, 2) Not afraid of social media or modern technology, 3) Not afraid of (attending) weddings 4) Blinking during conversations and 5) Not making crude, racial or anti-sematic comments. So far it appears as if he might be normal... definitely no complaints. Timing (starting a relationship and a job in the same month!?)... not ideal. But I suppose you can't plan these things... so will just have to see where all of this pans out. I'll try and not be the screwed up one in this situation. :)

And if things couldn't be any better, I'm back to my old commute... no more 6-block treks to the 156. 151, I missed you! Somebody burst my bubble... no... actually... let's just let that bubble fly for a bit.

Thank you, March and 2010. I heart you.

Anyone else feel the luck of the Irish today or this month?

Share on.

Need a few Irish tunes to get you in the spirit? Here ya go.









0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada