Sunday, April 12, 2009

Since the Best Day Ever...


When you post a blog claiming bold statements like "The Best Day Ever" you are only asking for shit to go down. And, so, the shit definitely went down. All around me. 

No one wants to hear more about the TETs (tough economic times), but since you're going to hear about them anyways, and by now, considering my lack of entries, nobody is reading my blog except for Katie Bishop... i thought I'd bring a somewhat positive note to these sucky times. In the midst of the stress, the tears and the pre-mature wrinkle formation --- there are a few surprising ah ha moments that i may take with me even beyond the economic drama.
  • When it's free gift time at Clinique, consider that you need to spend $21.50 to get the gift and foundation costs $20.50. And consider the butt heads that figured out that loophole. And then change your makeup counter asap.
  • Peanut butter and jelly is the new $8 Cosi Signature Salad. One tub of peanut butter goes a long way. I can't get enough of it. 
  • Bars sell bottled beer. Grocery stores sell the same bottles for 50 percent less. Big purses are in style. Just saying. I'm not above bringing back old college habits.
  • House parties are the new bottle service.
  • Gym membership...$50-100/month... putting on running shoes and getting outside...$0 (if you have shoes and don't end up in physical therapy)
  • Netflix is the new cable... and Abc.com is the new Tivo.
  • Fear is the new motivation...
  • As bad as things get, at least we're not graduating from college right now looking for a job. 
Ready for whatever comes my way this week. 

What changes have you made because of the TETs... do tell.

3 comments:

Cassie on April 18, 2009 at 1:29 PM said...

I love your unexpected use of "butt heads" here. haha. BTW, my both clinique bronzers I've purchased have immediately cracked right after taking them home. I suspect that the packaging is faulty...

- Cassie

Colleen on April 20, 2009 at 8:13 PM said...

oh man... cheap packaging... damn the man in charge of clinique... p.s. i also just spilled half of the foundation i bought there for 20.50... fabo!

Rob, Jenny, Anna, Ashley and Abby on April 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

Colleen.. to make you feel better about who reads your blog....I promise I read your blog about twice a week!!!!!!!!!

And I LOVE every entry in it :)

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada