Monday, November 9, 2009

If I worked at Sterling Cooper...


If we took ourselves back 40 years, and I was a Madman (women).... how my life would be in a different agency life:

  • My back would kill every night from walking around in 4-inch high heels
  • I would have a wet bar in my cubicle
  • My cubicle would be an office... with my name plate
  • Wait... back up... I would probably be the secretary on the outside of the name plated office...probably praying for the day I got pregnant so I didn't have to type up contracts... and retype them anytime there was a change...
  • My bosses would call my landline at home... or, better yet, drop by unexpectedly to chat business. And this wouldn't seem out of the ordinary
  • I would smoke. Because that is what they did... especially when drinking scotch at 9 a.m.
  • My hair, or the O-zone, would never be the same after all the Aquanet I used every day
I think I'll take my little cubicle... and my flat shoes... and my actual title. How things change in a few decades...

What about you? What would you like to bring back from office life in the 60s? Tell on...

0 comments:

My Peeps

 

A Sip of the Second City Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada